November 6 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pmFree
Talking Taboos is a set of true-story monologues presented as a radio drama series, produced by Helen Vine.
They tackle the way silence feeds into society’s stigmas & anxieties and hope to initiate discussion about topics not openly talked about.
This first series of monologues cover addiction, alcoholism, grief, infertility and domestic abuse.
The evening will involve excerpts performed by some of the actors and presentations made by mental health advocates & partnered charitable organisations.
A public listening post will be toured across Norfolk libraries between 7th October and 17th November. Details and further information on the project can be found at www.talkingtaboos.co.uk
The dramas have been written from verbatim by Anthony Cule, Mark Finbow, Shey Hargreaves, Molly Naylor and Helen Vine. They have been performed by Maureen Beattie, Jonathan Harden, Ian Lavender, Roisin Rae and Helen Vine. They have been directed by Peter Beck and Fiona McAlpine.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.