The Blow Monkeys
November 27 @ 7:30 pm
supported by: Sophie Mahon and The Ready Mades
The Blow Monkeys are unique with a roller-coaster career spanning over 35 years. Always making new music, always stretching musical boundaries. With worldwide hits such as the classics “Digging Your Scene” and “It Doesn’t Have To Be This Way”, they became household names but there was always so much more going on with these simian soulsters.
Their relentless desire to move forward, to collaborate, to be socially engaged and to have something to contribute. Back in the 80’s they worked with people as varied as Curtis Mayfield,
Paul Weller, Cheb Khaled and even Jamaican Toaster EEK-a-Mouse!. “No band since The Clash in their early 80’s heyday had attempted to act as a sounding board for such politically engaged, eclectic music”
Dr Robert even took time out to release one of the UK’s first homegrown ‘house’ records “Wait”, his top 5 duet with Chicago soul diva Kym Maselle.
These Monkeys continue to evolve. From their beginnings on the underground club scene right through to their appearance on the biggest selling soundtrack of all time “Dirty Dancing” and beyond. Long may they swing.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.