At Grapevine Magazine we are doing our best to keep on top of what is happening in LIVE entertainment in the region. Local restrictions and changing rules mean that some planned events get re-arranged at short notice – always check directly with the venue before planning an evening out.
Tell us about your LIVEgigs – email LIVEgigs@GrapevineLIVE.co.uk and we will, for a limited time, add them to our online listings for you.
September 10 @ 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
The Churchfitters is a folk band like no other. A double bass made out of a saucepan. Heart-wrenching vocals accompanied by a musical saw or a glass harp. Foot-stompingly fast fiddle mixed with infectious funk-rock rhythms. And traditional tunes reinvigorated with mesmerising jazz sax.
Why “Churchfitters”? Nobody knows! They’re not fitters and have absolutely nothing to do with churches. The name’s origin is lost in the mists of time but there is one aspect that suits them perfectly – its quirkiness. When your array of instruments includes a motorcycle petrol tank, a musical saw and a Mercedes Benzouki made from hubcaps there’s little point worrying if the name makes sense! Saucepan dulcimer, glass harp, Bing-Bong machine and magic boots all join some more conventional instruments (fiddle, banjo, sax and whistle to name a few) to back Rosie Short’s sublime voice.
These three flamboyant characters present their uplifting and entertaining show with a unique dynamism and describe their music as “Folk Unlimited”. Mike Harding calls it “Brilliant and beautiful” while Dave Pegg says they are “The most musically inventive group I’ve seen in decades”.
Tickets are £12 in advance, available from the Box Office on 01449 774678 (10am-2pm weekdays) or online through our ticket partner, WeGotTickets (10% booking fee applies). Also available on the door for £14.
Please note that this is a seated event. Seating is unallocated, though all have a good view.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.