- This Gig has passed.
February 1 @ 7:30 pm£18
The Karpets are an Inspiral Carpets tribute band, but a tribute band with a difference: their lead singer Tom Hingley was actually the lead singer with Inspiral Carpets from 1989-2011. Tom sang on all the Inspirals chart hits, including This is How it Feels, Saturn Five, Dragging Me Down, I Want You, She Comes in the Fall and all the songs on the bands four Major label albums – Life (1990) The Beast Inside (1991) Revenge of the Goldfish (1992) and Devilhopping (1994).
Formed in 2016, The Karpets have played barnstorming sets at Shine On Weekender, Embrace’s Secret Festival, Readipop Festival, Vicars Picnic, Rochdale Live, Darwen Live, Festival Too and headline sets at the 100 Club, Audio in Glasgow and over thirty other UK clubs to date.
The band comprises: Tom Hingley (lead vocals), Dickon Kyme Wright on keys & backing vocals, Philip McIntyre on guitar & backing vocals, Ste Pearce on bass, and drummer Malcolm Law.
The Karpets can play all of Inspirals Greatest Hits as well as the whole of the band’s Revenge of the Goldfish album and a healthy selection of obscure B-side and fan favourites.
The live experience is raw, dynamic, punky and energetic. The band play like their very existence depends on it with humour, skill and volume.
We are excited to be welcoming The Karpets to the John Peel Centre as part of Independent Venue Week 2020.
Tickets are £15 in advance, available from the Box Office on 01449 774678 (10am-2pm weekdays) or online through our ticket partner, WeGotTickets (10% booking fee applies). Also available on the door for £18.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.