The Man Who Left is Not the Man Who Came Home
12th March 2020 @ 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm
With Chloe’s future hopes come imminent challenges. Being married to the military means facing deployment. Behind closed doors there’s tenderness and humour, but as the day of Ashley’s departure comes ever closer, anxiety and confrontations multiply. Kevin Dyer’s new play, presented by Farnham Maltings, is the product of more than 100 one-to-one interviews with soldiers and their wives – where secrets, regrets and experiences have been shared for the first time. A story of resilience, of hope, of change and what it’s like when the man you love is going to war and might not come back. Ages 14+
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.