The Mentulls + When Rivers Meet
October 25 @ 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm£12
Award-winning British contemporary prog rock blues band The Mentulls have carved out a niche for themselves on the international rock scene.
With music critics calling them “a band to watch now and for years to come”, “so talented, so good” and “the future of prog rock” the band have earned a reputation for blending original, emotive, bluesy classic rock with progressive rock instrumentality played with gusto and energy.
As well as recording three albums to date, with their latest opus “Reflections” having received rave reviews and acclaim, the band as well as headlining their own shows have toured internationally and opened for a plethora of big-name artists including Wishbone Ash, Focus, Walter Trout, Dr Feelgood among many others. In addition, the band have made many large festival appearances where they have shared the stage with the likes of The Stranglers and Feeder.
Also, the band and its members have won and been nominated for numerous awards including Young Artist of The Year in ‘The British Blues Awards’ two years running in 2012 & 2013. Away from the band the members have worked with Grammy award winners to rock legends.
Now, in 2019 after a short break away from the live arena Andrew, Jamie and long-time drummer Nick Colman are joined on vocals by David Neil Crabtree, who brings a new soulful dimension to the band.
“Reflections by The Mentulls is the best album I’ve heard all year” – Classic Rock Society Magazine
“The Mentulls should be in every Blues fans radar” – Liverpool Sound and Vision
Support from When Rivers Meet
Grace & Aaron Bond of When Rivers Meet are a Blues + Roots Rock duo from Essex. Their soulful vocals lock into harmony with a natural chemistry: Aaron’s bold, driven guitar is grounded by his solid kick drum, and Grace’s unique slide mandolin and fiddle combine to create a wall of sound. With a combination of well-crafted self-penned songs and reworked traditionals, performances are fearless.
“..the performances are exemplary, the sound is magnificent, the songs are gorgeous, and I am insanely jealous—this is really wonderful. I love the drama. I love everything.” – Chris Kimsey, Rolling Stones Record Producer
“The chemistry between their voices is palpable.” – Simon Redley, Music Republic Magazine
Tickets are £10 in advance, available from the Box Office on 01449 774678 (10am-2pm weekdays) or online through our ticket partner, WeGotTickets (10% booking fee applies). Also available on the door for £12.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.