The Shackleton Trio
September 19 @ 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm£11.50 – £13.50
A special hometown gig as part of a one-off collaborative mini-tour bringing together two of Norwich’s
finest folk exports. The gig will see a set from each act, and will finish with a collaborative set bringing
together Alden, Patterson and Dashwood and The Shackleton Trio.
THE SHACKLETON TRIO
“Sparky, charismatic and intensely assured” – fROOTS
A highly original and energetic musical force just as likely to move you to tears as to move you to your
Frequently referred to as one of the hardest working bands on the scene, The Shackleton Trio is gaining
significant UK and International exposure, becoming an in demand name on the folk circuit. 2018 saw
plays on Mark Radcliffe’s Radio 2 Folk Show, music featured on BBC Radio 4, five star reviews, an
appearance on Cambridge Folk Festival’s main stage alongside a host of UK and European festivals and
The Shackleton Trio are Georgia Shackleton (fiddle, vocals), Aaren Bennett (guitar) and Nic Zuppardi
(mandolin). Natural talents of the folk tradition, their self-penned material blends seamlessly with their
imaginative yet authentic re-workings of traditional folk standards, influenced by British, American and
Scandinavian folk traditions, with a regional twist from the group’s native East Anglia.
ALDEN, PATTERSON AND DASHWOOD
Album Of The Year Editors Choice – fROOTS
Songlines – ‘Obviously something of enormous promise’
Norwich based folk trio Alden Patterson and Dashwood weave rich vocal harmonies, fiddle, dobro,
guitar and mandolin around beautifully written original songs and melodies. The independently-released
debut album ‘Call Me Home’ was written and produced at home in Norwich and is lovingly presented in
attractive handmade covers, designed and hand-printed by the band. Their music takes influence from
folk traditions from both sides of the Atlantic with uplifting instrumentals and self-penned songs
depicting tales of young travellers, sleepy seas and their affection for home.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.