November 23 @ 7:30 pm
Aldeburgh Music Club Choir will be performing Giuseppe Verdi’s Requiem at Snape Maltings Concert Hall at 7.30 pm on Saturday 23 November.
A musical setting of the Catholic funeral Mass, one of the major choral works in the repertoire and composed for four soloists, double choir and orchestra, the Choir performs with the Prometheus Orchestra and Singers under the baton of Edmond Fivet, the Club’s Music Director.
Soloists Marlena Devoe (soprano), Samantha Price (mezzo-soprano), Mark Wilde (tenor) and Stephen Gadd (baritone) complete the line-up of performers.
This concert marks Edmond Fivet’s penultimate performance at Snape Maltings as Aldeburgh Music Club’s Music Director and his fourteenth year in that role before he steps down in May at the end of the 2019-20 season.
Tickets priced £22, £27 and £30 (students half price) are available from Snape Maltings Box Office on 01728 687 110 or via the club’s website www.aldeburghmusic.club
Aldeburgh Music Club Choir
Michael Dolan leader
Edmond Fivet conductor
Marlena Devoe soprano
Samantha Price mezzo-soprano
Mark Wilde tenor
Stephen Gadd baritone
Verdi’s ‘opera in disguise’ never fails to enthrall its audiences. Combined with international soloists this production brings the theatre of opera to the stage in a transcendent Requiem Mass.
Presented by Aldeburgh Music Club
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.