- This Gig has passed.
Wild Paths @ Epic
October 18 @ 7:00 pm
These are Friday’s Acts. If you are looking for Saturday’s performances click here.
Simian Mobile Disco (DJ)
Simian Mobile Disco are an English electronic music duo and production team, formed in 2003 by James Ford and Jas Shaw of the band Simian. Musically, they are known for their analogue production. Ford is also known for his production work. When Simian split they continued DJing and recording as Simian Mobile Disco, and their acclaimed 2007 debut album “Attack Decay Sustain Release” earned them their first hit with “Hustler”.
Caught in a Wave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RB2HvB11_o
Known and loved for her self-empowerment, soulful vocals and creatively pushing boundaries, London based Etta Bond already has an impressive list of collaborations including Wretch 32, SiR, Skepta, Avelino and more, along with support from key tastemakers like Annie Mac, Julie Adenuga and DJ Target. With inspirations taken from the likes of Jill Scott, Erykah Badu and Billie Holiday, but Etta’s biggest inspiration of all is love.
“A skinhead Soul princess” – The Guardian
No More Love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKvbJB5Viz4
[ K S R ]
Manchester R&B/Soul singer [ K S R ] has been developing his distinctive concoction of R&B/Soul since 2017. It is influence by an eclectic range of artists such as D’Angelo, Erykah Badu, Miguel and more. All of his releases to date have been pushing limits and are thematically subversive. [ K S R ] debut EP titled “unfiltered” has received support from DJ’s such as Jamz Supernova and Huw Stephens and has seen a successful independent debut UK tour to promote the project. All these factors has shown that [ K S R ] is the one.
Maya Law is an upcoming singer & songwriter based in Norwich. Her music is an autobiographical blend of acoustic, neo soul and hip-hop. A couple of her musical influences are Amy Winehouse and Lauryn Hill. Maya also studied at Access Creative College on the Artist Development Course in 2018.
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.