Anne-Marie Jacobs: Roman River Musical Festival Artist 2016
We are delighted to announce Anne-Marie Jacobs as the Roman River Music Festival Artist for 2016.
Ceramist Anne-Marie lives on Mersea Island, and it is her own beautiful aerial photographs of this extraordinary wilderness, created by the Essex salt marshes, that inspire her current work.
‘I am delighted to be working with the Festival this year as there is a sense in which I see the coastal marsh landscape as visual music, filled with rhythm and repetition of line…..’
Anne-Marie is in the early stages of a piece influenced by thoughts of being involved in the festival. We shall keep you posted as to where you can view her work throughout the year. You can see more of her existing work here.
[box type=”info” align=”” class=”” width=””]
Other events linked to the Roman River Music Festival in 2016 include:
- Tasmin Little and Piers Lane – Mercury Theatre (Colchester) – 5th of March – Tickets have been going fast for one of the world’s favourite violinists’ Colchester début. At the start of the concert, talented young violinist Melinda Blackman will introduce and perform a short work. Part of Roman River Music’s learning and participation programme, which gives opportunities to local musicians, among a wide range of other projects.
- Roman River Music’s Artistic Director to run Colchester Half Marathon – Colchester – 13th of March – Our Artistic Director, Orlando Jopling, is going to attempt the 13 miles of the Colchester Half Marathon to raise funds for Roman River Music’s charitable education programme.
- Sergio Tiempo – Mercury Theatre (Colchester) – 14th of May – A thrilling virtuoso performance by internationally famous concert pianist Sergio Tiempo, making his Colchester début with a mix of popular classical repertoire as well as samba and tango-inspired South American music.
- 2016 Summer Festival – Friday 8th of July to Sunday 10th July – Informal concerts in charismatic country churches over a summer weekend, featuring Tom Poster, Elena Urioste, Orlando Jopling among others.
- 2016 Festival – Friday 16th September to Sunday 2nd October – Three weekends packed with music with a few surprises thrown in, including our first actor, some new choreography, and a Beethoven quartet by memory in complete darkness, all in unique, often unexplored venues across Colchester and the inspiring Essex countryside.