Britten Sinfonia’s 25th anniversary season continues in the New Year with a series of world and UK firsts. Highlights include:
• The second instalment of Thomas Adès’s Beethoven Symphony Cycle, with Beethoven’s
Symphonies 4, 5 & 6 alongside Gerald Barry’s The Conquest of Ireland and the London premiere
of his Piano Concerto.
• The world premiere of Mark-Anthony Turnage’s opera Coraline, in a Royal Opera House
production at the Barbican.
• Jeremy Denk in a jazz-infused programme, including the original jazz band arrangement of
Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue.
• Easter performances of Stravinsky’s Mass, Mozart’s Missa Brevis and Bach’s St John Passion
• Ben Goldscheider in Esa-Pekka Salonen’s Concert étude for solo horn.
• World premiere of works by Leo Chadburn, Caroline Shaw and Tom Coult as part of Britten
Sinfonia ‘At Lunch’ 2018 season.
• International touring includes performances at the Philharmonie, Paris and Amsterdam
For more information visit www.brittensinfonia.com.