After a successful debut tour, Dear Zoo the timeless children’s classic book returns to the stage in 2019! Rod Campbell’s best-selling lift the flap book has delighted generations of young readers since it was first published in 1982. And has sold more than 8 million copies worldwide. This production will delight all those who have read the book (both young and old) as it unfolds with child-engaging puppets, music and lots of audience interaction. Join us at the Marina Theatre…Find out more »
A musical about young London evacuee Kip and his experiences of life in Somerset during the Second World War, his eventual return to war-torn London and his search for his mother. Presented by Norfolk YMT. There's a 2pm matinee 19 October.Find out more »
Folk Punk Singer Songwriter; James Morgan is supported by Acoustic Duo; A Light Left On for a night of live music in the back bar of The Walnut.Find out more »
Live music Dan Fraser 9pm, free entry. Dan will be playing a mix of acoustic rock his way, in a lively and energetic style...Find out more »
Raymond Froggatt, a stalwart of the music industry, a star 50 years in the making, returns to St Peters. Froggie has spent 50 years treading the boards, writing and singing songs that have been covered by so many other major artists including Isaac Hayes and Sir Elton John. He was songwriter for Sir Cliff Richard for ten years and the Dave Clark Five had a massive hit with one of Froggie’scompositions - ‘In and Out of the Red Balloon’. Raymond Froggatt writes and sings his own songs, mesmerising his…Find out more »
A double-bill of Chris Dowding (solo) and Centre of Clouds (the new collaboration between Chris Dowding and Morris Masada). Chris' solo set emerged from writing a series of short poems, which he then translated into musical notes using an alphabet system. The setup features trumpet, looper and laptop synth, with shifting melodies, hypnotic patterns and abstract beats. Centre of Clouds is a duo using open-tuned acoustic, trumpet and electronics to create tuneful improvisations built up from loops and repeating phrases.…Find out more »
Sarah Jane Morris: Sweet Little Mystery - The Music Of John MartynFind out more »
John Coghlan's Quo featuring John Coghlan - The Heartbeat of Quo. Original Quo drummer John Coghlan, with his great band, brings you a night of vintage Quo from the period he performed with Status Quo 1962 - 1981. John Coghlan joined Francis Rossi and Alan Lancaster in their newly-formed band ‘The Spectres’ in 1962. The group went through a series of name changes, including Traffic Jam, before becoming Status Quo in the late 60s when Rick Parfitt also joined the line-up. In…Find out more »
The quarterly event organised by The Garage Youth Forum where young people showcase their talent alongside professional musicians. Features every style of music. Previous acts include Mullally, Pirate Joe and The Foreign Locals and The Renadeans. To take part in future events email email@example.comFind out more »
Lamphouse Theatre tell the true story of a feral child’s journey from the woods of Hanover, Germany to the court of King George I and finally a Norwich prison. Puppetry, live music, movement and magic. Age 8+. 2.30pm matinee 25 October.Find out more »
We are pleased to welcome back fo rourblues & Roots Thursday Clean SneakFind out more »
This work-in-progress dance performance explores the vastness of our cosmos and considers our little blue and green rock’s place within in it. Produced and presented by The Garage, supported by Norwich Science Festival and in partnership with The Hostry Festival. Age 12+Find out more »
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.