Spa Pavilion Update
The Spa Pavilion, Felixstowe have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that due to rehearsal restrictions, the youth cast and complexities around Covid19 and scenery & costumes, they have had to move the dates for Shrek – The Musical. This has now been re-scheduled to 26-29 August 2021, by which time they hope the vaccine will have helped everyone back to something more like normal.
The decision was not taken lightly, especially as thuis is not the first re-schudling. On this occassion the Spa have made the decision to swap it in their calendar for another Dennis Lowe re-creation of a smash west end hit…
That show is Kinky Boots, and is now on sale for 15-18 April. With an all adult cast, less complex scenery and costumes it can go ahead under current restrictions, and therefore the theatre feel confident in announcing it now.
The theatre is being forced to make these changes but are doing their best to limit the impact and still bring you great shows. Bookers for Shrek will be able to switch to Kinky Boots, or have their seats moved to the new Shrek dates, or take advantage of The Spa’s Covid Guarantee and all are in course of being contacted by their lovely box office people.
The ‘ice’ skating rink has now been delivered and is in place. Prices start at just £3 for children or £5 for adults, for 20 minutes, including skates. There will be gloves and masks for sale, masks are mandatory on the synthetic ice (warmer than real ice luckily) and for spectators watching from less than 2m away from the side of the rink.
The Spa’s cafe & restaurant are now open as ‘normal’ with the Tier 2 restrictions. As a reminder, only one household or bubble is allowed per per table and alcohol will only be served with substantial meals or to those drinking it at their seat during a show. The opening hours are 10am to 4pm Monday to Thursday, and 10am to 5pm Friday to Sunday. The cafe will close Christmas day but will open as usual on Boxing Day. Plenty of outdoor seating is available where the rule of six applies. All orders are now taken at tables, or you can order via our website from your table, as per the Tier 2 rules.
The Box Office is now open, with personal visits available if necessary, but phone and email contact is preferred. It will be open Tuesday to Sunday, 11am to 3pm.
The Spa have up-dated their Covid guarantee and refund policy to further reassure all ticketholders as they want to do everything they can to give reassurance that it’s safe to support the theatre by buying tickets in advance. They have already announced a unique triple-lock Panto guarantee. This full guarantee can be read here.
- Cinderella – The Christmas Panto 19 Dec to 3rd Jan
- The Marshall King Legends Show – Sat 16th Jan 7.30pm
- Made In Tennesse – Sat 13th Feb 7.30pm
- Strictly Come Dancing’s Kevin & Joanne Clifton Fri 19th Feb 8pm.
- Johnny Cash Revisited – Sat 20th Feb – 7.30pm
- The History of Soul – Sat 27th Feb 7.30pm
- T-Rextasy – Sat 27 Mar 7.30pm
- The Quo Experience – Sat 3 Apr 7.30pm
- Goldilocks & the 3 Bears – Easter Panto – Mon 5th Apr – 3pm
- Jimmy Carr – Terribly Funny – Wed 7th April 8pm
- Mercury – the Ultimate Queen Tribute – Sat 10th Apr 7.30pm
- Kinky Boots – The Musical – Thur 15 to Sun 18 Apr
- Ian Waite & Vincent Simone – Act 2 – Fri 23rd Apr – 8pm
- The Illegal Eagles – Sat 24th Apr 7.30pm
- One Night In Dublin with The Wild Murphys – Sun 25 Apr 7.30pm
- Come What May – Sat 1st May 7.30pm
- Bless Em All – Sat 8th May 7.30pm
- Clare Teal & Her Big Mini Big Band – Sun 9th May 7.30pm
- Giovanni Pernice – This Is Me – Fri 14 May 7.30pm
- The Sound of Springsteen – Sat 15 May 7.30pm
- Simon & Garfunkel Story – 16th May 2021 7.30pm
- The Magic of Motown Live – Sat 22 May 7.30
- The Music of Northern Soul with Stefan Taylor & Lorraine Silver – Sat 29 May 7.30pm
- Big Girls Don’t Cry – Sat 5 Jun 7.30pm
- Shrek The Musical – Thur 26 to Sun 29 Aug
- Purple Zeppelin – Sat 20th Nov 7.30pm
- Thank-you for the Music, the Ultimate Abba Show – Sat 27th Nov 7.30pm
- Jason Manford – Like Me – Sat 11 Dec 7.30pm
Please remember that all tickets are exchangeable for other shows if you have to self isolate, should a show move all tickets are automatically moved to the new date and if you cannot make the new date will issue vouchers or a refund once we can be sure of the new date taking place.