The Dashwood sisters have very different approaches to their love lives. Elinor has much more sense, but Marianne has a great deal of sensibility. With its heroes, heartbreak, debonair villains and a dashing duel, this adaptation will have you falling in love with Jane Austen's classic novel. A cast of five actors and DOT's renowned comedic style make this comedy of manners a production not to be missed.Find out more »
In 19th century Germany, young men and women travel the fraught and rocky path of adolescence.... discovering their bodies, their minds, and themselves along the way.Find out more »
For this year's Roman River Music Festival, we welcome back trumpeter Paul Higgs, whose original compositions for 'Pavane' blur the boundaries between classical and jazz. Each piece shows us a new soundscape, and the exquisite sound of Paul's trumpet transports us through each one in turn. From the sense of romantic longing in ' Simple Truth', through the rising elegiac quality and counterpoint of 'Crystalline', to the haunting mystery of 'Catalonia', 'Pavane' takes us on an inspiring musical journey. Paul…Find out more »
Take a ride up the comedy freeway with a tale of mobsters, missing gems and a mashed-up motorbike. Dick's quiet suburban life is shattered when his brother Julian returns suddenly from The States, for "health" reasons. But his shady American "associates" have unfinished business with him, putting both their health at risk. Their dad's old bike and sidecar, which Dick has been "doing up', might come in handy as their getaway vehicle! A black comedy with original music by Pat…Find out more »
For one night only, this first-rate band will bring to life the sounds of Britpop legends The Kinks. Waterloo Sunset, You Really Got Me, Sunny Afternoon ... They're all there, alongside many other Ray Davies classics in a night not be missed if you like your 60s swinging. Support will come from THE MOD SQUAD, who will be performing a set of mod floor-fillers to get the party started.Find out more »
Montague Rhodes James returns with another selection of unsettling tales of antiquarian terror! Brave the horrors lying in wait within "An Episode of Cathedral History"! Witness the spectral malevolent seeking revenge in "A Warning to the Curious"! One-man show and follow-up to our successful touring production of "Old Haunts". Jonathan Goodwin plays M R James in a show scripted by himself, and directed by Gary Archer.Find out more »
Chekhov's tragicomedy in a bittersweet, multi-disciplinary new adaptation. A weary country household plunges head over heels in lust when a beautiful stranger arrives. As the estate sale is announced, the strains of repression bubble, until Uncle Vanya hits boiling point. Physical Theatre & Rural Art intertwine in this witty Russian masterpiece examining desperation, and the need for affection... at all costs.Find out more »
Valli looks at the amazing music of the voice of the Four Seasons, in this solo show featuring one of the UK's leading solo Frankie Valli tributes you will be taken on a journey through some of the biggest hits ever written 'Big Girls Don't Cry, Sherry, Walk Like A Man, December 63, Can't Take My Eye's Off You' and many more!Find out more »
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.