ARGH KiD is an English alternative hip hop band from Manchester, led by the MC/Poet David Scott. With an eclectic approach to hip hop featuring a live musicians to provide a backdrop to life in austerity UK, with all it flaws and lingering beauty. His first two singles ‘Frank’ and ‘Neighbours‘ were met with critical acclaim and support from industry big hitters such as Chris Evans, Janice Long, John Kennedy to name but a few. Their live shows are a…Find out more »
Victorian murderpunk/vagabond folk quartet from Bury St Edmunds, Thy Last Drop have performed at the John Peel Centre a number of times, and always provide a superb evening of entertainment. It is impossible to stay still listening to their music! Expect macabre tales set to foot-stomping folk with a touch of cabaret!Find out more »
The Karpets are an Inspiral Carpets tribute band, but a tribute band with a difference: their lead singer Tom Hingley was actually the lead singer with Inspiral Carpets from 1989-2011. Tom sang on all the Inspirals chart hits, including This is How it Feels, Saturn Five, Dragging Me Down, I Want You, She Comes in the Fall and all the songs on the bands four Major label albums – Life (1990) The Beast Inside (1991) Revenge of the Goldfish (1992)…Find out more »
Strawbs return to the John Peel Centre on their 50th Anniversary TourFind out more »
After a successful show here at the John Peel Centre early in 2019, Catfish return to Stowmarket. UK and British Blues Award winners Catfish have carved a reputation for themselves as an excellent live band with a phenomenal frontman in 25 year old guitarist/vocalist Matt Long who plays with a real passion for the blues. In 2016 they won a British Blues Award and in 2018 won the UK Blues Award for Blues Act of the Year (England). Two of…Find out more »
“Martin Simpson has transcended borders and oceans to quietly become a superb storyteller and musician of great depth and unquestionable taste.” – Stephen Fearing The remarkable intimate solo performances Martin gives go from strength to strength – every gig is a masterclass. He travels the length and breadth of the UK and beyond, giving rapt audiences passion, sorrow, love, beauty, tragedy and majesty through his playing. “What’s it like being the best guitar player in the world…?” Martin’s modesty and…Find out more »
In 1981, Ian formed The Icicle Works with Chris Sharrock (drums), and Chris Layhe (bass and vocals). They quickly gained a following through their debut single release, Nirvana, and extensive live performances up and down the country. The Icicle Works became part of the Liverpool renaissance movement of the eighties, alongside acts such as Echo And The Bunnymen, The Teardrop Explodes, WAH!, Heat, OMD, Black, Dead Or Alive, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, The Lotus Eaters, and China Crisis. They signed…Find out more »
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.