By now, most of the gigs listed here are Virtual Gigs. With the uncertainty surrounding the re-opening of venues, we strongly recommed that you check directly with individual venues if you are interested in attending a physical gig, show or performance.
Fairport Convention has been entertaining music lovers for over half a century. During that time the band that launched British folk-rock has seen many changes. But one thing has remained the same – Fairport’s passion for performance. This year’s Spring Tour concert will present a mix of long-established Fairport favourites and some surprises from albums old and new including Full House which was released 50 years ago this year. The band skilfully interprets traditional ballads and the repertoire also includes…Find out more »
The Churchfitters is a folk band like no other. A double bass made out of a saucepan. Heart-wrenching vocals accompanied by a musical saw or a glass harp. Foot-stompingly fast fiddle mixed with infectious funk-rock rhythms. And traditional tunes reinvigorated with mesmerising jazz sax. Why “Churchfitters”? Nobody knows! They’re not fitters and have absolutely nothing to do with churches. The name’s origin is lost in the mists of time but there is one aspect that suits them perfectly – its quirkiness. When your array of instruments includes a motorcycle…Find out more »
Plus Special Guest TENSHEDS with tracks from his recently released and already acclaimed new album Deathrow Disco Essex born folk songwriter ‘Beans on Toast’ is an extremely unique performer. Twisting an age-old genre with a D.I.Y. approach and contemporary concerns has earned him the title of a cult figure who tells it like it is. A festival favourite (he’s played Glastonbury every year since 2007) and a prolific writer and performer. He’s written and recorded 11 albums and he’s played…Find out more »
In 1981, Ian formed The Icicle Works with Chris Sharrock (drums), and Chris Layhe (bass and vocals). They quickly gained a following through their debut single release, Nirvana, and extensive live performances up and down the country. The Icicle Works became part of the Liverpool renaissance movement of the eighties, alongside acts such as Echo And The Bunnymen, The Teardrop Explodes, WAH!, Heat, OMD, Black, Dead Or Alive, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, The Lotus Eaters, and China Crisis. They signed…Find out more »
- Grapevine's free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than 'on the door' prices.