”Who’d be interested in this old relic, Holmes?” murmured Watson, one morning at the breakfast table of 221b Baker Street. “Nonsense, Watson. A splash of cologne and a trim of your moustache, & I’m sure someone would have you”. “Be serious, Holmes. Look here – in the Morning Post!” Thus began the case that Dr Watson dared not share with the public, till now. A case that, were its full facts to be known, would shake the nation to its…Find out more »
Rev Hammer is a maverick English Singer-Songwriter and veteran touring musician. He has released 8 studio albums: Industrial Sound and Magic (1991) recorded with the Levellers in an Essex Cow shed, Bishop of Buffalo (1993), Freeborn John (1996) – The Story of John Lilburne, England’s First Radical, The Green Fool Recordings (1996), Spitting Feathers (1998), Down the Alley (2008) and Skald (2016) Although primarily a solo singer songwriter it is in recording and live performance collaborations that Rev has made…Find out more »
ARGH KiD is an English alternative hip hop band from Manchester, led by the MC/Poet David Scott. With an eclectic approach to hip hop featuring a live musicians to provide a backdrop to life in austerity UK, with all it flaws and lingering beauty. His first two singles ‘Frank’ and ‘Neighbours‘ were met with critical acclaim and support from industry big hitters such as Chris Evans, Janice Long, John Kennedy to name but a few. Their live shows are a…Find out more »
Victorian murderpunk/vagabond folk quartet from Bury St Edmunds, Thy Last Drop have performed at the John Peel Centre a number of times, and always provide a superb evening of entertainment. It is impossible to stay still listening to their music! Expect macabre tales set to foot-stomping folk with a touch of cabaret!Find out more »
The Karpets are an Inspiral Carpets tribute band, but a tribute band with a difference: their lead singer Tom Hingley was actually the lead singer with Inspiral Carpets from 1989-2011. Tom sang on all the Inspirals chart hits, including This is How it Feels, Saturn Five, Dragging Me Down, I Want You, She Comes in the Fall and all the songs on the bands four Major label albums – Life (1990) The Beast Inside (1991) Revenge of the Goldfish (1992)…Find out more »
Strawbs return to the John Peel Centre on their 50th Anniversary TourFind out more »
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.