Branco Stoysin's Sunny side of guitar, where whispers from Sun flow into musicâ, an evening of the music to heal and replenish your heart, soul and ears... Above the clouds where it all starts with the mellow Sun... the titles of the first three tunes form a motto of the new 8th solo-guitar album/project "Above The Clouds" by guitarist/composer Branco Stoysin. The album marks the 20th anniversary of Branco's Sun Recordings label that has produced 8 acclaimed CD albums, a…Find out more »
Join St Peters Band and the Ipswich Hospital Community Choir on their trip through American cultural icons. Come along, grab a cola from the bar and enjoy heartfelt cowboy songs, jaunty civil war themes, rhythms that gave birth to jazz, and the excitement and gloss of Broadway and Hollywood, and much more. Its not all about the American Dream though- the protest sounds of the Civil Rights movement and 1960‘s counterculture also have a place.Find out more »
One of the world's leading swing bands and London’s top vintage band, the Shirt Tail Stompers are firmly established at home and internationally playing Harlem swing and the hot jazz of the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s. Featuring music from composers such as Duke Ellington, Count Basie and Benny Goodman, their goal is to make this early form of pop music popular again. Highlights include the BBC Culture Show, Royal Albert Hall late night Jazz, Edinburgh Jazz and Blues Festival and…Find out more »
The Golden Age of the Silver Screen is an eclectic mix of popular sound tracks arranged and adapted from the Great Hollywood Musicals Songs such as “Moon River”, “The Continental”, The Godfather” and “Mission Impossible Theme” have anchored themselves in our collective imagination, and have become some of the most mythical and iconic pieces of film music from the 20th century. Andy, Simon and Paul have taken a selection of these inspirational pieces of music, and arranged them here for…Find out more »
"Ingham has chosen well... an excellent collection featuring the superb saxophone sound of Mark Crooks... the band are in fine classic swinging form... extremely expressive..." - London Jazz News From the late 1940s to the early 1990s, tenor saxophonist Stan Getz was one of the great, individual instrumental artists in jazz. As jazz itself went through many phases, Getz as a player was remarkably consistent, producing album after album of poetic, swinging music. While his accompaniments were elaborately varied, Getz’s playing…Find out more »
- Grapevine’s free listings service is offered to promote live entertainment.
- Your entry will appear online but to ensure inclusion in our printed magazine check the print deadlines here: Magazine Deadlines
- Unsure what to fill in? Click here for quick our guide.
- Just to be clear we promote LIVE entertainment: Music, Theatre, Comedy & Dance. We do not list charity or community sales, country fairs, craft workshops, discos, DJ sets, exhibitions, film, karaoke, quiz nights, walks, tours or sporting events.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information in our listings from time to time events change or get cancelled. We strongly suggest that you check with the venue especially if you intend to travel any distance. Ticket prices shown are, generally speaking, the most you should expect to pay. In many cases discounts and concessions are available and often tickets bought in advance are less than ‘on the door’ prices.